Comment on page
5.3 Traversal Cloud
Traversal Cloud is a secure NAT tunnel tool to provide remote control function on the WiFi extender and connected hosts.
After enabling the Traversal Cloud, you can access and control the WiFi extender anytime, anywhere, on a web browser. It offers the easiest way to look over your networks. None public IP address and DDNS configuration required. It’s completely free!
Working principle of Traversal Cloud
A web proxy is pre-built in the firmware. The traversal cloud is turn off by default. You can follow the below steps to enable it.
- 1.Log in the admin, go to
- 2.Click the checkbox
Enable, then click the button
Save & Apply.
- 3.Now you can access your extender at the
Cloud Addresson a web browser.
Recommended to set up a strong extender password (go to
Administration) before enable the traversal cloud.
If unable to access the cloud address, please check the below factors.
- 1.Please ensure the traversal cloud has been enabled. After enabling the checkbox, please click the
Save & Applybutton.
- 2.Before access the traversal cloud server, the extender must have an Internet connection. Please check the Internet connection on the router.
- 3.If you once turned off the traversal cloud function within a power cycle, please reboot the extender to refresh the traversal connection session.
*** REMINDER ***
The traversal cloud is relay on the carrier's gateway. Some carriers might block the traversal technology. We do not 100% ensure the cloud address works perfectly. The traversal cloud is provided with free, and it's not involved in the extender quality or working performance.